Monday, February 1, 2010

1 February 2010 - My Love Doesn't Lead to the Freeway

Another strange, fucking dream.

There was more than what I wrote here, maybe a lot more; the dream ended significantly with a woman (a different woman, not any of the ones described her) saying something to me. I don't remember who she was or what she said. There seem to be large pieces of this unremembered.

What I remember can be clustered into four parts.

The Freeway
A red suitcase again, the second time in a week I dreamed about a red suitcase. I bought two new red suitcases recently and while the other one described in this blog earlier doesn't match up with what I own, this one did.

I was on my way home and carrying two suitcases, the large red one and and even larger straw or wicker coloured one. As big as they were they were easy to carry. I don't know where I was and I don't know how I was supposed to get home, but I was next to a highway thinking about how I might get one of the cars to stop and give me a lift. The highway was slightly elevated from where I looked at it. Cars went past from right to left. I watched a woman in a van who seemed to be moving and yet remaining directly in front of me. I wondered how this could be and sort of ran along to the left a little, staying even with the van until the driver saw me looking at her, threw me a look and accelerated the van away. I thought this was all very strange. I videotaped the cars going past. After a while as I realzed I was running out of tape, I wondered what kind of movie I was going to be able to edit with the same kinds of shots, all these cars going past. (There was maybe more to this. The idea of other events dances around the edge of my awareness but not into it.)

The Bench
I was with a woman I know. We sat on a bench and talked about things while I was ... disassembling a handgun? Pieces of it fell to the ground. I looked in the dirt for the parts that had fallen and saw a lot of short, shiny, silver finishing nails that I scooped up and a single bullet, a small fat one, a 9mm calibre. The woman and I went inside to her house, the daylight streaming in through the windows. We sat next to each other and talked some more. Through an accident of her body position, she leaned up next to me as if to be kissed. Or maybe it hadn't been an accident. We stood and I hugged her, keeping my face looking very disinterested and neutral and chaste lest one of her neighbours spy us. She's married, this woman I know. It was a very nice embrace and I leaned my head forward (only a little; she was tall and blonde and lithe) and, now standing behind her, I kissed her lightly on her neck. I sensed my own arousal I pressed myself more against her. I sensed her arousal by the touch of her fingertips which moved lightly across the underside of my cock. I was naked now (and looking very thin), not giving a damn about what the neighbours might see though the windows.

Mud and Brown Water
Then I was back outside (no longer naked), back in front of the bench where she and I had sat together, rooting in the ground for the pieces I'd dropped. More shiny finishing nails that were only about a quarter inch long, and the one bullet that had gobs of brownish grey mud on it. Everything on the ground was covered in mud. I got it all over my hands. I went through a door that was barely on its frame and around the corner into a sort of public washroom that was under repair. On the right as I entered, there was a fire hose laying on the floor of an open shower stall. Brown water poured out from the drain. It seemed maybe the hose was there to help pump out the water. I went to the sink, turned it on and more brown water came out. I was concerned not that the water was bad, but that it might overflow the sink. I put my hands under the water but this didn't seem to get any of the mud off which had dried to grey. My hands didn't even feel wet. I turned and pulled a length of paper towel from a roll by the sink and tried to scrub the mud from my hands. Not much, if any, of the mud came off. Angry, I left the bathroom to find that the building door was completely off it's hinges now, just leaning against the frame. I grabbed the door by its two sides, slid it out of the way and left the building.

No comments: